5600 Series Mechanical Heat Detector
5600 Series mechanical heat detectors offer property protection against fire and are intended for non-life-safety installations where smoke detectors are inappropriate.
5600 Series mechanical heat detectors offer property protection against fire and are intended for non-life-safety installations where smoke detectors are inappropriate. 5600 Series offer a full line of configurations to accommodate a broad range of applications, including both single- and dual-circuit models, each which are available for low and high temperature ratings with either fixed-temperature or combination fixed-temperature/rate-of-rise activation. The rate-of-rise elements of the fixed/rate-of-rise models are restorable to accommodate field-testing the units.
To satisfy a variety of installations, the 5600 Series models easily mount to single-gang and octagonal backboxes. These models also accommodate 4 inch (101.6 mm) square backboxes when used with a plaster ring. The mounting brackets are reversible to allow for flush- and surface-mount backbox installations. The 5600 Series provides clear markings on the exterior of the unit to ensure that the proper detector is being used. Alphanumeric characters identify the activation method and the temperature rating in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius. Fixed temperature models are identified by an “FX”, while combination fixed/rate-of-rise units are marked “FX/ROR”. The 5600 Series also provides a collector as a post-activation indicator. Once the detectors have been activated, the collectors drops from the effected units to allow easy identification of the specific unit in alarm.Features & Benefits:
- Multiple configurations available: fixed-temperature (non-resettable) or combination fixed (non-resettable)/rate-of-rise (self-restoring), low temperature and high temperature ratings, and single-circuit and dual-circuit.
- Easy-to-read alphanumeric identification of detector type and temperature rating
- External collector provides visual indication of activation
- Reversible mounting bracket for flush- and surface-mount installations
- Flexible mounting capabilities: single-gang, 3 1/2 inch or 4 inch octagonal, 4 inch (101.6 mm) square with plaster ring
- Easy-to-use terminal screws
- Low-profile design to coordinate with room aesthetics.
- UL Listed: S2101
- ULC Listed: S2101 (All with A Suffix)
- MEA: 199-03-E
- CSFM: 7270-1209:227, 7270-1653:167
- FM Approved