E-Mon Class 3400 RS485 IP Smart Meter
Smart meter with dual protocol capability, provides both RS485 and ethernet communications with two pulse outputs
The E-Mon Class 3400 Meter is a 3-element meter with communications. The device is used to monitor electric power usage of individual loads after the utility meter and store kW and kVAR data for automatic meter reading. The Class 3400 meter is dual protocol capable and provides both RS485 and Ethernet communications. Installation must only be performed by qualified personnel and in accordance with these instructions and all applicable local and national electrical codes. Honeywell E-Mon and its representatives assume no responsibility for damages or injury resulting from the improper installation of this meter.
Features & Benefits:
- Advanced 4-line display
- On-board set-up option for IP Address, Meter date/time, Load Control Settings * ID codes for EZ7, Modbus and BACnet
- Optional expanded feature package provides additional features: Load control option for load control/shedding and Two external meter inputs (water, gas, BTU, etc.) (stored in channels 5 & 6)
- Two pulse outputs (one kWh and one kVARh )
- 0-2 volt output split-core current sensors allow for enhanced safety and accurate remote mounting of sensors up to 500 feet from meter without power interruption (Optional solid-core current sensors available in 100 & 200 amp)
- Onboard diagnostics and verification system
- Built-in RS-485 communications capability supports up to 52 Class 3200, 3400, 5000 meters and/or IDR interval recorders(or combinations not to exceed 52 devices per channel). 00
- Cabling can be either daisy-chain or star configuration, 3-conductor, 18-22 AWG, up to 4,000 feet cable total per channel
- Built-in communications - RS-485 and Ethernet
- Protocols: EZ7, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet MS/TP, BACnet IP, LonWorks FT-10 (Twisted Pair)
- Records kWh and kVARh delivered, kWh and kVARh received in first 4 channels.
- Data stored in 15-minute intervals for up to 72 days or 5-minute intervals for up to 24 days
- Maintains interval data storage in a first-in, first-out format.
- Compatible with E-Mon Energy software via EZ7 protocol for automatic meter reading, billing and profiling of interval energy data
- Meter is designed for use on both 3-phase, 3-wire (delta) and 3-phase, 4-wire (wye) circuits. Optional single-phase, 3-wire configuration available.
- Outdoor NEMA 4X polycarbonate enclosure (standard) or industrial grade JIC steel enclosure (available)
- ANSI C12.20
- IEC 664
- BACnet MS/TP
- IP protocol is BTL listed