VRW2 Dynamic Pressure-Regulating Flanged Control Valves
VRW2 2-way dynamic pressure-regulating control valves maintain constant flow of hot and chilled water in closed-loop HVAC systems regardless of head pressure fluctuations above minimum specified pressure drop.
VRW2 2-way dynamic pressure-regulating control valves maintain constant flow of hot and chilled water in closed-loop HVAC systems regardless of head pressure fluctuations above minimum specified pressure drop. These valves come complete with proportional, stay-in-place or electronic fail-safe actuators.
The built-in differential pressure regulator maintains fluid flow through the valve independent of changes in supply pressure, eliminating "hunting" by the control system, even at low coil flow. The pressure regulator virtually eliminates cavitation in the valve, and decouples the control valve from the effects of piping components such as reducers and elbows.
Pressure independent control valves are sized to match design coil flow regardless of coil size. VRW2 valves eliminate the need to balance the system for proper flow, and allow chillers to be operated at design temperature differential for maximum efficiency at every load condition. When used in a system with variable-speed pump drives, 3-way valves and coil bypass lines are not required.Features & Benefits:
- 2 1/2 to 6 inch pipes with wafer-flanged connections
- Combination ANSI/ASME Class 150/300 flange connections
- Controls hot or chilled water with up to 50% glycol
- Regulated flow rates available from 40.7 to 468 gpm
- Stainless steel pressure regulator maintains constant pressure drop across valve seat
- Positive pressure rolling diaphragm regulator design for long service life provides flow control accuracy of ±5%
- Equal percentage flow characteristic using multi-turn, non-rising, characterized plug
- High close-off rating
- 50 discrete, selectable flow rates available per valve size
- Stainless steel trim
- Actuators: Safety Extra-Low Voltage, Class II wiring only