SpectrAlert® Outdoor Selectable Output Speaker Strobe
SpectrAlert® outdoor selectable output speaker strobes provide a broad frequency response range, low harmonic distortion, and maintain a high sound pressure level at all tap settings to provide accurate broadcast of evacuation messages.
SpectrAlert® outdoor selectable output speaker strobes are wall-mount and can be used indoors or outdoors in wet or dry applications. They can provide reliable operation from -40 to 151 °F. These speakers provide a broad frequency response range, low harmonic distortion, and maintain a high sound pressure level at all tap settings to provide accurate and intelligible broadcast of evacuation messages.
Like the entire SpectrAlert Advance line, wall-mount outdoor speakers and speaker strobes include a variety of features that increase application flexibility and simplify installation. First, field-selectable settings, including candela, speaker voltage and power settings, and automatic selection of 12 or 24V operation enable installers to easily adapt devices to meet requirements. Next, these devices use a universal mounting plate with an onboard shorting spring that ensures wiring continuity before devices are installed, so installers can verify proper wiring without mounting the devices and exposing them to potential construction damage. Once the plates are mounted, all SpectrAlert Advance devices utilize a plug-in design with a single captured screw to speed installation and virtually eliminate costly ground faults.
Outdoor devices ship with weatherproof plastic backboxes (metal backboxes are available separately) that accommodate in-and-out wiring for daisy-chaining devices. Plastic backboxes feature removable side flanges and improved resistance to saltwater corrosion. Knock-outs located on the back eliminate the need to drill holes for screw-in mounting. Plastic and metal weatherproof backboxes come with 3/4 inch top and bottom conduit entries and 3/4 inch knockouts at the back. A screw-in NPT plug with an O-ring gasket for a water-tight seal is included with each backbox.Features & Benefits:
- Weatherproof per NEMA 4X, IP56
- Rated from -40 to 151 °F
- Plug-in design reduces ground faults
- Universal mounting plate with onboard shorting spring that tests wiring continuity before devices are installed
- Field-selectable candela settings: 15, 15/75, 30, 75, 95, 110, 115, 135, 150, 177, and 185
- Automatic selection of 12 or 24V operation at 15 and 15/75 candela
- Rotary switch for speaker voltage (25 and 70.7 Vrms) and power settings (1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2W)
- Compatible with System Sensor® synchronization protocol and legacy SpectrAlert® products
- Tamper-resistant construction
- Listed for ceiling or wall mounting
- UL Listed 75S0
- CSFM: 7320-1653:201
- MEA Approved 10-08-E