National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
The John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act 2019 (NDAA) is a United States federal law which specifies the budget, expenditures and policies of the U.S. Department of Defense. The NDAA 2019 Section 889, prohibits the U.S. government from procuring video and telecommunication equipment from certain Chinese companies and their subsidiaries.
The Honeywell 30 Series, 60 Series and Modum IP cameras are designed for use as part of video systems which comply with NDAA 2019, Section 889. In addition to the 30/60/Modum Series cameras, our MAXPRO® and Pro-Watch® VMS/NVR ranges, our 30 Series Embedded NVRs and our ADPRO iFT/iFT-E IP NVRs follow our extensive cyber testing process and do not contain components from any of the companies highlighted in NDAA 2019, Section 889. Together with the Series 30/60/Modum cameras they can be used to provide video systems compliant with NDAA 2019, Section 889. These ranges are well suited for SMB, entry-level enterprise and critical applications where compliance is essential, such as government, utilities, premium commercial, campuses and retail.
NDAA 2019 Section 889 is focused on video surveillance equipment and telecommunications equipment. It does not impact other areas of security. Honeywell access control solutions are cyber tested, do not contain components from banned suppliers, and are not addressed by NDAA 2019 Section 889. Honeywell Pro-Watch, WINPAK, NetAXS and other access software and hardware can continue to be sold to and used by federal agencies or other businesses wishing to implement security solutions compliant with NDAA 2019 Section 889.
Specific Honeywell products that can be used as part of NDAA Section 889 compliant systems are:
- 30 Series IP Cameras
- 60 Series IP Cameras
- Modum IP Thermal Cameras for Body Temperature Detection
- 30 Series Embedded NVRs
- MAXPRO® and Pro-Watch® VMS & NVRs
- ADPRO iFT/iFT-E IP NVRs
- Pro-Watch® Integrated Security and Access control
- WINPAK® Access Control
- Download the full list of products that can work in security systems that comply with NDAA Section 889
- Download the NDAA Quick Reference Guide
- Honeywell NDAA Replacement Guide to comply with NDAA Section 889
HONEYWELL NDAA STATEMENT
HONEYWELL BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES CAN
- Provide screen non-complaint cameras, video recorders
- Identify replacement parts
- Replace with NDAA complaint alternates
- Reconfigure Software head Video Management System
- Re-run screening