Increase healthcare facility resilience with Theris Venturi Valves
Expand your surge capacity with an added layer of protection: Cost-effective flexibility to isolate first-line, patient-care spaces on demand.
Improve protection and surge readiness with precise air quality control
The Theris family of venturi valves is designed to help healthcare facilities use directional airflow and pressurization to control airflow – limiting the spread of airborne pathogens, improving indoor air quality (IAQ), and increasing room-state flexibility.
- Turndown ratios range from 10:1 to 20:1 for Theris valves, vs 3:1 for VAV boxes.
- Use up to 30% shorter duct runs for more accurate operation.
- Lowest controllable pressure drop available.
- Preassembled and characterized at factory.
- Preset accuracy eliminates balancing onsite.
- No flow sensors, no component drift, no sensor recalibration.
Better air quality
- Reduce risk of cross-contamination from pathogens and pollutants.
- Consistent directional airflow minimizes dead zones of stagnant air.
- Precise control of circulation, temperature, and humidity.
Onboard room controller
- Can be programmed with a pandemic mode for rapid room isolation.
- BACnet/MSTP enables integration with virtually any BMS.
- Includes temperature controller for building zone applications.
Theris Venturi Valve Portfolio
The Theris family of venturi valves gives you a versatile range of capabilities to meet and exceed today’s published guidelines for IAQ and airflow control.
Theris Venturi Valves
Protect your most critical spaces – those requiring airflow accuracy within +/-5% of the setpoint across the full flow and pressure range:
- Reduce infection risk in spaces that require asepsis, such as operating suites, burn units, and intensive care units.
- Maintain cascading pressurization to protect spaces such as airborne infectious isolation (AII) rooms, protective environment (PE) rooms, pharmacies, and labs.
Theris Flex Venturi Valves
Increase the overall resilience of your facility with first-line spaces that can quickly adapt to other needs – giving you airflow accuracy within +/-10% of the setpoint:
- Isolate spaces such as patient rooms or the ER department to quickly respond to contagion risks.
- Optimize energy use and sustainability where turndowns in unoccupied rooms are acceptable.
A growing need for pandemic-ready rooms
Throughout the world, the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged the capacity of healthcare systems, making isolation and pandemic-ready rooms essential for daily healthcare management. Here’s how the UF Shands Hospital ensured code compliance, and accurate air change rates in their patient rooms.
Theris Airflow Control for Healthcare
As concerns about airborne transmission increase, health guidelines are likewise expanding to meet those safety needs. This means that a growing number of spaces – such as patient rooms, recovery rooms, and the emergency department – are increasingly seen as critical applications for better airflow control.
Why Theris Valves Work
The Venturi shaped valve houses a high-grade stainless-steel spring inside the restrictor, enabling the valve to naturally react to static pressure changes inside the duct. Unlike traditional pressure-dependent VAV boxes, no controller positioning is required.