OSID (Open-area Smoke Detection)
For further details, please contact your local distributor.
Explore these featured products.
OSID uses one imager, a camera-like device with a wide field of view, and a wired or battery-powered emitter roughly aligned on the opposite wall within the protected area. The emitter sends both infrared and ultraviolet coded light signals to the imager. If the light reception is altered due to the presence of genuine smoke particles, the imager will go into alarm.
OSID Light Shields are available for Imagers to prevent saturation from direct or reflected light.
- The light shield can only be used in end-to-end / one-on-one configurations.
- The light shield cannot be used in Multi-Emitter applications.
- The shield is easy to apply and protects against light outside of a 30° viewing angle.
- The light shield cannot be used in combination with an environmental housing.
This reset station can be connected directly to an OSID imager’s reset input and remote alarm led output. The station can also be used with FastTrace 2 in SmokeTrace PLUS applications. The unit and connection is multi-purpose, the leds can also be driven from a 12 VDC or 24VDC source.
Custom designed IP 66, NEMA 4-4X protective and environmental housings protect OSID imagers and emitters from dust and water ingress in industrial environments. The housings are only to be used with 1 on 1 systems
This steel cage is designed to protect OSID Imagers and Emitters from vandalism and accidental damage.
- The cage is constructed of heavy gauge steel wire with corrosion resistant polyester coating.
- Installation and servicing are easy.
- Highly recommended for areas where abuse to beams is severe.
OSID Emitters are equipped with an acrylic lens and are therefore not normally prone to condensation. However in some extremely moist environments, condensation may nevertheless occur on the lens. Slow forming condensation can produce an unacceptably large loss of signal. To prevent that from occurring, the Emitter lens can be fitted with an anti-condensation film. The film can be quickly and easily applied to the lens without the need for special tools or adhesives.