Overvoltage protection modules
Overvoltage protection (OVP) to protect electrical and electronic devices from excessive electrical voltages.
Overvoltage protection (OVP) to protect electrical and electronic devices from excessive electrical voltages. Overvoltages can arise from lightning, capacitive or inductive coupling of other electrical systems. Electrostatic discharges (ESD) can also cause overvoltages.
The OVP modules are classified as type 2 (old: class C, VdS: medium protection). Together with the fine protection integrated in the FACP, energetic coordination is guaranteed with proper installation and observance of the protection areas.Features & Benefits:
- Base part as very space-saving, 4-pin, universal feed-through terminal to accommodate the surge protector module without signal interruption
- Max. Continuous operating voltage AC :4.2V AC
- Max. continous operating voltage DC: 6V DC
- Nom. discharge current (80/20)/line : 10000A
- Total nom. discharge current : 20kA
- Total lightning imp. Current (10/350): 9kA
- Lightning imp. Current (10/350)/line: 2.5kA
- Ambient temperature : 40 to 85C
- Air humidity : < 95 %
- Brand : Esser