5808W3 Photoelectronic Smoke and Heat Detector
5808W3 photoelectronic smoke and heat detectors are 3V lithium powered detectors with a built-in wireless transmitter. They are intended for use with any 5800 Series wireless receiver/transceiver.
5808W3 smoke and heat detectors are 3V lithium powered photoelectronic detectors with a built-in wireless transmitters and low temperature detection. They are intended for use with any 5800 Series wireless receiver/transceiver for residential installations. The transmitters can send alarm, tamper, maintenance (when control panels are equipped to process maintenance signals), and battery condition messages to the system’s receiver. Smoothing algorithms virtually eliminate nuisance alarms by smoothing out short term spikes from dust and smoke. Since there are no holes to drill or wires to run, you can preserve the beauty of the building while protecting it. 5808W3 is an ideal smoke detector for difficult to wire locations, applications where room aesthetics are critical, or where hazardous materials exist. All models also feature a restorable, built-in, fixed temperature (135 °F) thermal detector that is also capable of sensing a pre-freeze condition if the temperature is below 41 °F.Features & Benefits:
- Robust RF field strength allows the distance between the detector and receiver to be significantly increased without the need for a repeater
- Removable detector cover and chamber top allows quick and easy cleaning without disassembling the detector head
- Smart Check signal is sent to the control panel when the detector requires cleaning, allowing a regular, non-emergency service call to clean the detector before it goes into alarm
- Drift compensation virtually eliminates nuisance alarms from long-term dust build-up by automatically adjusting sensitivity
- Additional LED status indicators facilitate identifying between alarm or trouble conditions with green and red LED status indicators
- Sturdy mounting base allows easy installation on uneven surfaces such as stucco. The mounting base has larger mounting ports, which accommodate drywall anchors for easy surface mounting.
- Utilizes one long-life 3V lithium battery
- Microcontroller runs on a 4.0 MHz clock
- Horn operates at 3.3 KHz with sound pressure level of 85 dBA at 10 ft
- Built-in wireless transmitter, temporal code 3 sounder
- Approved UL Listings for Residential and Commercial Applications
- Maintenance signal fully complies with the sensitivity test requirement specified in NFPA 72, 7-2.2 and is approved by UL